The PC Summer Fellows (PCSF) Program is designed to enhance the academic experience of PC students by providing them with opportunities to work with faculty during the summer.
the program is intended for motivated students to gain research experience with direct faculty mentoring. students experience the process of research as a creative intellectual activity in a living-learning environment.
体育竞猜投注app哪个好pc summer fellows are required:
- To commit to 8 full weeks of research or research related activities during the duration of the program. The program will run from June 1 to July 24.
- To commit to spending at least 25 hours per week devoted to their research project.
- To must live on campus, with the other Summer Fellows, during the program. Housing is included in the fellowship.
- To present research at the PC Summer Research Symposium and Honors Day in 2021.
- Students graduating prior to the program are not eligible for the fellowship.
- Students may not take summer school while participating in the program.
- Students may not have other employment, on or off campus, during the program.
pc summer fellows will receive a stipend of $2,000; additionally, they will be provided with a room in a college residence for the duration of the summer research experience. faculty mentors will receive a stipend of $1,000. efforts will be made to fund travel expenses for fellows who make presentations at professional meetings or student research symposiums.
- Application Form »
- Proposal Plan (4 pages maximum):
- Student Contribution – (i) the relevance of the research project, (ii) the details of the proposed research. (iii) Bibliography. The student researcher must write this portion.
- Student/Mentor Contribution – (iii) research and learning objectives, (iv) research time line/plan, (v) budget (for program future projection).
- Letter of Support – from research mentor reflecting the student’s aptitude to conduct the project and a statement of the mentor’s commitment to meet regularly with the Fellow, to participate in a weekly luncheon/forum, and to attend the Summer Fellows Symposium.
- (Optional) Supplemental Letter of Support – If the mentor is unfamiliar with the applicant’s potential a letter from another faculty member is required.
- Proposal plan must include the specified sections.
- Students should combine the above 3-4 documents and save in a single pdf format and name the file in the following format: PCSFAppl_LastnameFirstname.
- Submit the completed pdf document via email to Ms. Shannon Latimore firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to Dr. Ray email@example.com by January 31, 2020.
- Applications that fail to follow these instructions will NOT be reviewed.
体育竞猜投注app哪个好a faculty committee, including faculty familiar with the proposed area of research, will review proposals.
For additional information contact Dr. Payal Ray体育竞猜投注app哪个好, Director of the Summer Fellows Program or the Office of the Provost.